[plt-scheme] local planet mirror/repository?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 3 21:11:49 EST 2008

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. The only problem I see is that the
results that the planet server gives depend on the packages that have
been uploaded, a naive cache won't work. But if you go stale at
reasonable intervals, you'll probably be okay. If you know something
about how to interpret the requests, you can do better. I'd be happy
to send you the source code.

Robby

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:13 PM, <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > planet-servlet.ss appears to be the servlet that distributes the right
>> > packages when planet client connects.  It's probably not hard to figure
>> > out
>> > what it does under the hood.
>>
>> I am quite familiar with it.
>
> I don't mean to imply you not knowing it - I am asking whether the servlet
> is available for setting up our own mirrors - I apologize for not being
> clear.  When I said "it's probably not hard to figure out..." I meant I can
> probably determine what it does without access to the source code (in case I
> need to hack something for my own mirror).

>> > Yes.  I think I have some ideas on how this could work.  I'll do some
>> > experiments on my end.
>>
>> This discussion has, in my mind, been difficult because I don't know
>> what you are after. As I said there is more to do with planet. Are you
>> simply urging me to get to work? (which is fine, btw!)
>
> I am simply trying to figure out the easiest way to setup a local
> cache/mirror, withot a ton of work on your end or my end ;)
>
> I am experimenting to see if I can redirect the planet through a proxy
> servlet - if this is possible, then the work is probably minimal...
>
> Thanks,
> yc

Posted on the users mailing list.