[plt-scheme] Re: The Philosophy of DrScheme

From: Eduardo Bellani (ebellani at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 3 20:13:29 EST 2008

Perhaps, but perhaps the is some inspiration on there too. I think I
got an indication
on that on through this list, someone pasted a link to
where I downloaded Sussman's "The role of programming in the
formulation of ideas" presentation,
If you watch 24:37 there is a cool dedication :)

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM, John Clements <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2008, at 6:37 PM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:
>> One doubt that I'm having while immersing myself on the scheme world
>> through
>> htdp, (going at it alone some time after graduation, so I'm not
>> exactly the main target market :P ),
>> specially after reading The Structure and Interpretation of the
>> Computer Science Curriculum, is that I'm
>> seeing a lot of parallels with Seymour Papert's Logo (and consequently
>> Alan Kay's Squeak ST), which
>> would be of course parallels with contructionism itself.
>> Was that intentional? Or am I seeing things? (I swear I'm clean :D
> I suspect the connection is simply that all of these works include thinking
> about the language itself, by people with some mathematical insight, rather
> than simply taking an existing (assembly+sugar) one for granted.
> John Clements

Eduardo Bellani

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire
Law; all the rest is commentary." The Talmud

Posted on the users mailing list.