[plt-scheme] Multi-column list box control?

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (s.degabrielle at cs.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 31 03:46:39 EDT 2008

You're right about the gaps,
I'm thinking the Embedded GUI http://docs.plt-scheme.org/embedded-gui/index.html
might offer a better mechanism than the panels for implementing this.

I can't find a working implementation anywhere in the plt-full
distribution - and the tests don't seem to work.

s.

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 5:24 AM, praimon <praimon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> I've stayed clear of the framework, so forgot about
> the dragable panel -- I just now applied it to my own
> example and it ALMOST works. Unfortunately, it leaves
> a prominent gap between columns that I saw no way of
> eliminating.
>
> I won't speak for the others who brought this up, but
> I was thinking along the lines of the windows explorer
> file directory. As I mentioned, it's a pervasive
> control-type: seamless rows and columns, resizable
> and sortable columns, non-editable but selectable content.
>
> In the end, it's just a table, so any number of
> functional equivalents can be worked up in mred. But
> they all look rather clunky and grid-like.
>
> I will definitely study your code. Thanks for the example!
> regards,
> praimon
>

> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Stephen De Gabrielle
> <spdegabrielle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> are you thinking of something like this?

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 0693 (x30693)
Mobile 079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)
Work:http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
Home:http://www.degabrielle.name/stephen

UCL Interaction Centre
MPEB 8th floor