[plt-scheme] proposal for indicating planet package version numbers

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 30 23:30:06 EDT 2008

PLaneT uses the version numbers in a non-trivial way to determine what
version should match a particular require. I don't think we can just
get rid of them (and the protocols surrounding them). You can read
more about it in Jacob's paper:

http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~jacobm/pubs/planet.pdf

Robby

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> It would be nice to have just one version.
>
> If we can use the user-supplied version, all the better as normally
> you tag your version and export it first so users know what they are
> getting (or at least you can keep track of what you are giving them).

Posted on the users mailing list.