[plt-scheme] DrScheme development plugins/tools

From: Martin DeMello (martindemello at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 13:58:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Stephen De Gabrielle
<spdegabrielle at gmail.com> wrote:

> any comments on plugins appreciated;
>  - do they fill a need? (apart from my own)

They definitely fill my need! My preferred method of development is to
have code in one file when I'm working on it, then split it out into
its own module when it's reasonably concrete. But then I need a whole
list of files open, and I want them open all at once so that I don't
have to stop and think about what file to open when I'm in the middle
of doing something.

>  - what should they do? (that they don't) what other
> developer/projectey features?

Having the tablist saved in and picked up from the current working
directory, rather than globally, would be nice

>  - what would improve the interface?

Nameable tabsets and a dropdown list of project files in the 'restore'
button. I like vim's model of one default clipboard if you don't
specify, and multiple named ones.

martin

Posted on the users mailing list.