[plt-scheme] scheme in java

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 17 10:18:38 EDT 2008

Excellent!  Love the image examples.

> 1) Do you know if it is possible to embed a Scheme interpreter into a Java
> application ? (a sort of library providing me the possibility that  the user
> can enter scheme code into a JEdit and interpret it by pressing a JButton)

I saw on your Web page that you want to do this to deploy programs on
the Web.  But Scheme already has a great Web server interface.  So why
would you want to mess w/ Java?  See the tutorial that Danny and Jay
have developed, if you need help getting started.  (Jay, can you
please post a pointer?)

> 2) What do you mean by exactly "pretty big scheme" ? Is it R6RS ?

A better name would be "kitchen sink Scheme": it's Standard Scheme
plus all the usual PLT additions (structures, LOCAL, better names for
some primitives, etc, etc).  The Help Desk (under the Help menu) will
give you more info.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.