[plt-scheme] missing gsl scientific libraries

From: Woodhouse Gregory (gregory.woodhouse at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 15:56:34 EDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 6:04 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> plt-linalg has basic linear algebra.  Don't know about fft, or
> least-squares, or what you mean by non-basic statistics.  Basically,
> if you want libraries I'd recommend R, Octave, Matlab etc.  If you
> want a better language then look at PLT Scheme, but be prepared to
> build more of the infrastructure (but this is fairly quick in my
> experience).
>
> N.

A good linear algebra package is the foundation upon which numerical
packages ultimately rest. The reason is that many algorithms
ultimately boil down to solving linear systems.

"It is never too late to become reasonable
and wise; but if the insight comes too late,
there is always more difficulty in starting
the change." -- Immanuel Kant

http://www.gwoodhouse.com
http://GregWoodhouse.ImageKind.com