[plt-scheme] toString equivalent

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 10:55:54 EDT 2008

Hi Dave,

As far as I know there is no equivalent to toString.  I.e. no method
that the printer will call to display an object.  As you note,
attaching a prop:custom-write property is the way to go about this,
but I don't know how one can attach properties to objects.  Objects
are just structures, so it should be possible, but I don't think the
class system exposes any way to do this.  Perhaps Robby, who I believe
develops the class system, can answer this.

Cheers,
Noel