[plt-scheme] Extensibility of MrEd

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 4 08:11:03 EDT 2008

At Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:42:54 -0700, Ben Goetter wrote:
> P.S.  The get-handle method of window<%> gets me partway there.  (I
> overlooked this in the docs - scheme/class being new to me.)  What
> remains now is to extend the set of messages recognized by a frame window.

I don't think there's currently a way to extend the messages recognized
by a frame, but it's something we could add.

Beware that there's a bad interaction between PLT Scheme threads and
Windows: a Scheme-level thread swap cannot be allowed while handling a
Windows message. The solution is usually to handle a message by just
queuing a callback in the eventspace, and then return to Windows
immediately; that works when you don't need to compute any particular
return value for the message. Would that strategy work for the messages
that you need to handle (if you had a way to install a handler)?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.