[plt-scheme] Extensibility of MrEd

From: Ben Goetter (goetter at mazama.net)
Date: Sun Aug 3 15:12:22 EDT 2008

Does MrEd contain any hooks for operating-system-specific extensions,
FFI or otherwise?  What is the best way to access OS-specific UI
functionality (e.g. system-defined GUI widgets, handling system-specific
user interaction messages, etc.) in a MrEd program?

I am building an experimental application on a yet-unreleased version of
a Microsoft OS on yet-unreleased hardware.  And I am hoping not to have
to roll a homebrew GUI wrapper framework (fraught with danger and sundry
system event trampolines), or to fork the MrEd DLL source.  What are my

Posted on the users mailing list.