[plt-scheme] running an MzScheme debugger in Emacs?

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 25 07:34:45 EDT 2008

Benjamin Russell writes:

> This is no problem for most tasks, but SICP is a very challenging
> book, and I would at least like to work in my favorite editing
> environment while working on the exercises in that book in order to
> focus more on the problems.

It's one thing to request more Emacs-like functionality in DrScheme, and
another to assert that you can't work through SICP without it. You can
work through SICP in Notepad -- arguably, working through any learning
sequence in a manner where hasty changes are discouraged is actually
better. I find DrScheme's search function awkward enough that I use it
infrequently, but it's pretty low on my wish list. And, like Noel, I
don't use a debugger. For code using `random', `random-seed' is useful
in development mode. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.