[plt-scheme] running an MzScheme debugger in Emacs?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Apr 24 14:28:50 EDT 2008

I've wanted to add tight PLT integration to Emacs, but it's a lot of
work, and I haven't needed it enough to justify doing it myself without
funding.  I imagine, should some organization get funding to throw
dozens of Scheme hackers at a problem (say, to save the US from the
subprime loan crisis), I will be pitching PLT-Emacs integration to them
as a tools project. :)  Better yet, a bright and motivated student might
be able to do it as a summer project.

What I currently do is develop almost entirely in Emacs with only the
generic Quack support, since I'm much faster in Emacs than in DrScheme.
I spend 1%-5% of my time in DrScheme, when I need a DrScheme feature.
Every couple of years, I use DrScheme exclusively for a while, just to
see whether it feels as comfortable and speedy as Emacs.  As for
debugging, I loathe it as an activity, so I now make a point to write a
lot fewer bugs than I did when I thought debugging was something all the
cool kids did.

Posted on the users mailing list.