[plt-scheme] no #!eof

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 07:51:27 EDT 2008

At Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:38:07 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> Incidentally, in some experimenting just now, it seems the "sync" of PLT
> 372 and 3.99.0.16 has the expected blocking behavior on a FIFO up until
> the first EOF, but subsequently does not block on the FIFO.  If multiple
> input segments are supported, should this EOF behavior in "sync" be changed?

I'm not suite sure what you mean. Can you provide an example?

Here's what I tried (with and without readline):

 Welcome to MzScheme v3.99.0.23 [3m], Copyright (c) 2004-2008 PLT Scheme Inc.
 Note: readline loaded
 > (let loop ()
     (sync (current-input-port))
     (printf "hit\n")
     (read-byte)
     (loop))
 hit
 hit
 hit
 ^Dhit
 ^Dhit
 hit
 hit

Both before and after the first eof, "hit" waits to print until I type
either Ctl-D or Enter.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.