[plt-scheme] Re: [plt-edu] Leads on Liberal Arts Education and Programming

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 11 09:07:22 EDT 2008

Marco wrote:

> From your responses I gather that there is not much published on this
> topic. That is quite a pity, because it is a mighty powerful idea.

I believe Alan Kay shares some aspect of this vision. His discussions
are sometimes a little weird and rambling but there's something there.

http://www.cra.org/Activities/grand.challenges/kay.pdf
http://www.rheingold.com/texts/tft/1.html
http://moryton.blogspot.com/2007/12/computer-revolution-hasnt-happened-yet.html
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2950949730059754521
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/228

Incidentally, the slogan of TED is "ideas worth spreading". :)

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.