[plt-scheme] slides of PLAI pre-prepared talk on Web programming API's, and introductions to continuations

From: Benjamin L. Russell (dekudekuplex at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 8 05:46:34 EDT 2008

I plan to attend the upcoming Continuation Fest 2008
in Akihabara, Tokyo, and wish to do some prior study
of continuations, which are a new topic to me,

While reading about continuations in PLAI Part VII, I
discovered a note in the Preface that the author,
Shriram Krishnamurthi, has "a pre-prepared talk on
this topic, and would be happy to share those slides"
(page v).  Would it be possible to see those slides?

Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on reading on
basic introductions to continuations.  My background
is an undergraduate degree in computer science, with
some programming background in Scheme.  So far, I have
come across the following introductions:

* Humorous explanation of
call-with-current-continuation from Rob Warnock in
Usenet's comp.lang.lisp:

* A short introduction to

* Call-with-current-continuation - Wikipedia, the free

* Continuation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

* Continuation, functions and jumps:

* Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days: Chapter 13:
Jumps: 13.1  call-with-current-continuation:

Any further leads addressed to people of my background
would be appreciated.

Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.