[plt-scheme] runtime-path.ss and mzc

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc at pld-linux.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 15:27:05 EDT 2007

I'm trying to make a stand-alone executable (in 371, 371.1 and 371.3)
out of an mzscheme program using mzc (and also "embed.ss") but I
encountered some problems with runtime-path.ss usage in (lib "rep.ss"
"readline"):

1. The modules declared with runtime-path.ss are not scanned for
dependencies so in my case the "pread.ss" is not included in the
distribution.

2. These modules are put in lib/plt/avrp/exts/ert/ so the standard means
of including the needed collects by using #:copy-collects do not fix the
problem.

3. Why does the #:copy-collects option strip the directory? How is a
module like (lib "pread.ss" "readline") supposed to be found if the
"readline" dir is lost?

PS1. Is there anything written about the PLT module system's
name-resolution/file-finding/loading-from-stand-alone-executables
policies? It seems quite well thought out but I found it quite difficult
to inderstand given the documentation which is scarce and distributed
among many files.

PS2. The (lib "doc.txt" "compiler") file could mention that one should
pass #:cmdline '("-Uqmv" "--") to create-embedding-executable when
creating an mzscheme executable unless one does have pretty good reasons
not to. (that's what mzc passes by default but the info is buried in
it's source code)

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa