[plt-scheme] runtime-path.ss and mzc

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc at pld-linux.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 15:27:05 EDT 2007

I'm trying to make a stand-alone executable (in 371, 371.1 and 371.3)
out of an mzscheme program using mzc (and also "embed.ss") but I
encountered some problems with runtime-path.ss usage in (lib "rep.ss"

1. The modules declared with runtime-path.ss are not scanned for
dependencies so in my case the "pread.ss" is not included in the

2. These modules are put in lib/plt/avrp/exts/ert/ so the standard means
of including the needed collects by using #:copy-collects do not fix the

3. Why does the #:copy-collects option strip the directory? How is a
module like (lib "pread.ss" "readline") supposed to be found if the
"readline" dir is lost?

PS1. Is there anything written about the PLT module system's
policies? It seems quite well thought out but I found it quite difficult
to inderstand given the documentation which is scarce and distributed
among many files.

PS2. The (lib "doc.txt" "compiler") file could mention that one should
pass #:cmdline '("-Uqmv" "--") to create-embedding-executable when
creating an mzscheme executable unless one does have pretty good reasons
not to. (that's what mzc passes by default but the info is buried in
it's source code)

Jakub Piotr Cłapa

Posted on the users mailing list.