[plt-scheme] saved window configurations

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 10:32:31 EDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> FWIW, I think that this would make a fairly easy tool to write (one
> that did a firefox-like thing and remembered the open files from last
> time). I'd be happy to help anyone if they try to write it and get
> stuck.

Thinking through this, would it work something like this? (Questions inside)

1.	Create a tool, and IDE mixing installed with
drscheme:get/extend:extend-unit-frame.
2.	On IDE close, catch the "IDE Closing Event"… is there one?
a.	Allow for the default IDE closing behavior to execute, file saves
and so forth.
3.	Before closing
a.	Send get-tabs to the IDE to get a list of all the open editors
b.	For each tab
i.	check if a file is actually opened within the tab
ii.	get its filename
iii.	get the position of the cursor within the file
1.	send editor get-start-position
c.	Persist the file name/position list somewhere, where?
4.	On IDE start up
a.	Catch that event… is there one?
b.	Get the list of files that were open
c.	For each file
i.	Open a new tab for that file, how do you open a new tab?
ii.	Set the cursor location
1.	send editor set-position

Posted on the users mailing list.