[plt-scheme] Canned Scheme presentation?

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 08:44:09 EDT 2007

I like this talk/paper;
http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Talks/SwineBeforePerl/

I'm sure it's not news to most people on the list, but it is one of
the sources that finally nudged me to look at scheme. (and DrScheme in
particular).

You obviously can't give it yourself - I just thought I'd mention it
as a pretty good example of a pitch to a possibly similar audience.

S.

On 9/26/07, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Milwaukee is having their 2nd barcamp this October:
>
> http://barcampmilwaukee.com/
>
> It seems pretty fun; and if there is any interest I wouldn't mind
> talking a little bit about Scheme.
>
> I don't want to write a presentation from scratch, although I do have
> source code to review: Euler, DrS tool, this and that, a data
> matcher/code generator.
>
> That said, could anyone recommend an already prepared (canned)
> presentation about Scheme that I may present?

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
University College London Interaction Centre
Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP

Posted on the users mailing list.