[plt-scheme] Canned Scheme presentation?

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 06:07:32 EDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 22:22, Grant Rettke wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> I do recommend that you use Slideshow to create and present the
>> talk and that during the
>> talk you show the attendees that the talk is a program ... and
>> could be run
>> during the talk.
> Thanks I will check it out.

Slideshow is really cool.  The tutorial really covers everything you
need, but there are more examples you can borrow from the master
himself.  There are great real world examples here:

http://www.plt-scheme.org/software/slideshow/examples.html

A scheme slideshow need not be canned.  The slideshow could itself
write other slides.  If you wanted, the next slide could be as new to
you as it is to your audience.  In front of a large audience, show
people just how much or how little trust you put in dynamic effects.
I bet 20 years from now, with facial recognition, Slideshow could
scan the audience, estimate audience interests and energy, and
personalize the presentation in real time.

You could give a short talk on Slideshow itself.  You could watch the
tutorial a couple of times, to make sure you don't miss anything, and
to make sure you were able to answer basic questions about it.  You
could make some changes, presto viola, and the audience would gasp.
However, if you really wanted to show the power of DrScheme, you
could connect to the airline grid and figure out where the scheduling
and weather bottlenecks are, relieving the distress and delays
suffered by passengers nationwide, all in PowerPoint attention span
time.  You might need a lot of memory, though.

Posted on the users mailing list.