[plt-scheme] canvas editor with text-editor snips?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 13:27:17 EDT 2007

harsha wrote:
>  hi,   i am trying to rewrite a mind-mapping program (kdissert/semantik)
> in drscheme and then make it more flexible.
>     what the application will need is a canvas with a lot of boxes with
> text in them and edges connecting the boxes. occasionally i will need an
> text-editor snip, to create a new box of text or edit an existing one.
> and, the boxes of text need to be draggable.
>  MrEd, right now has two types of editors - text and pastebox, and both
> dont seem to support drawing operations. I am writing to ask if anyone
> has implemented a canvas editor so far. or maybe, there is some other
> way to implement this functionality? i tried drawing a text-editor snip
> directly onto the dc of a canvas using draw, but that didn't seem to work.
> harsha.
>
>    screenshots :
>    http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert.html
>
> http://www.esnips.com/doc/824f6991-2909-4592-8542-77761a04cedf/Screenshot-1
>    (there is an option to view at original size)

If you want to read some code as inspiration, it might be an idea
to look at the source of DrScheme's module browser.

To see it in action:

   - in the "View" menu chose the menu item "Show Module Browser"

I can't remember the spot to look for the source, but I'm
sure Robby knows where it is.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard