[plt-scheme] swindle and custom struct

From: Will M Farr (farr at MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 6 15:12:40 EDT 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:43 PM, YC wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> how can one create a custom struct (i.e. make-struct-type or define-
> struct* from ryanc) but make it work with swindle's object system?

Keep the structure type descriptor (the first value which make-struct-
type returns), and use swindle's struct-type->class on that
descriptor to obtain a class object which describes structs of that
type.  For example:

(define-values (struct:my-struct make-my-struct my-struct? my-struct-
get my-struct-set!)
   (make-struct-type 'my-struct #f 1 0))

(define <my-struct> (struct-type->class struct:my-struct))

Now you can use <my-struct> anywhere a class object could be used in
Swindle.

Good luck!

Will

Posted on the users mailing list.