[plt-scheme] Error running plt-scheme on Fedora Linux (error invoking tool and cannot delete files).

From: Klaus Engelmann (klausengelmann at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 3 20:49:57 EDT 2007

Hi Robby...

First thanks for the reply.

The DrScheme version I am currently running is 371 and the rpm package
is plt-scheme-371-1.fc7, which is the last updated version for the
official Fedora Repositories.

About the command you indicate: where did you get it ??? I never heard
about them. I am surprised about all the logs it has produced. What
are they all about ??? I thought that installing the rpm with yum at
Fedora would take care of all the necessary steps for running DrScheme
at a Linux Desktop. Should anybody use it when install DrScheme on a
Linux Desktop ??

The errors about I was complaing has gone !!! Great job !!! Thanks again !!! :)

The only error I saw running setup-plt are these. But now everything
is working fine. Perhaps there are no so important.

setup-plt: Error during Early Install for Plot library
(/usr/lib/plt/collects/plot)
setup-plt:   plot-preinstall: Could not find the source directory at
/usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src

Below is the full log of the setup-plt.

[root at morpheus ~]# setup-plt
setup-plt: Setup version is 371 [3m]
setup-plt: Available variants: 3m
setup-plt: Main collection path is /usr/lib/plt/collects
setup-plt: Collection search path is
setup-plt:   /root/.plt-scheme/371/collects
setup-plt:   /usr/lib/plt/collects
setup-plt: Pre-Installing Plot library
plot-preinstall: Could not find the source directory at
/usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src
setup-plt: Pre-Installing ProfessorJ
setup-plt: Pre-Installing sgl
make: making compiled/gl-info.zo
compile-extension: (/usr/lib/ccache/gcc -c -O2 -fPIC -DMZ_PRECISE_GC
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/cairo
-I/usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler -I/usr/lib/plt/include
compiled/make-gl-info-helper.c -o compiled/make-gl-info-helper.o)
link-extension: (/usr/lib/ccache/gcc -fPIC -shared
compiled/make-gl-info-helper.o /usr/lib/plt/lib/mzdyn3m.o -o
compiled/native/i386-linux/3m/make-gl-info-helper.so)
make: made compiled/gl-info.zo
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Algol 60
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/parser-tools/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/parser-tools/private-lex/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/algol60/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/parser-tools/private-yacc/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Browser private
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/syntax-color/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/framework/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/framework/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/browser/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/html/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Browser
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/browser/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/setup/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Calltrace
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Combinator-parser private-combinator
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/combinator-parser/private-combinator/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Combinator parser
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/combinator-parser/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Config
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by DrScheme private
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/help/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/help/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by DrScheme
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Dynext
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Embedded GUI
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/embedded-gui/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/embedded-gui/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for EoPL private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for EoPL
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Errortrace
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Foreign Function Interfaces
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Framework private
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Framework
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/framework/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by frtime gui wrapper
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/frtime/demos/gui/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for frtime
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for GCalc
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Slidey
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Blackjack
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Parcheesi
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/parcheesi/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Jewel
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/sgl/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/jewel/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Aces
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Rummy
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Spider
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Minesweeper
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Go Fish
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Paint by Numbers
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/paint-by-numbers/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by 3D board game library
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/gl-board-game/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Doors game library
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/doors/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/sgl/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Gobblet
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/gobblet/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Checkers
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/games/checkers/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Pousse
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Lights Out
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Game Cards
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Crazy 8s
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Same
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Memory
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Games
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Graphics
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Servlets
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Desk servlets private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Servlets Release
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Servlets Release
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Servlets Resources
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Help Servlets Scheme
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/help/servlets/scheme/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Help Servlets Scheme Misc
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Help
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/help/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Hierarchical list widget
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Draw Teachpack
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/parsers/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/comb-parsers/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdch/draw/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdch/colors/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdch/geometry/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Geometry Teachpack
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Colors Teachpack
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Java Graphics Teachpack
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdch/graphics/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Imperative Draw Teachpack
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdch/idraw/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for htdch
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for HtDP Languages Private
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by HtDP Languages
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/lang/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by HtDP Teachpacks
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/htdp/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for HTML
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Launcher
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Lazy Scheme
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Macro Debugger view
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/view/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/syntax-browser/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/model/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Macro Debugger - Syntax Browser
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/syntax-browser/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Macro Debugger expansion model
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/model/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Macro Debugger
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/macro-debugger/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Make
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/make/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/private/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MrEd private
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by MrEd
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/mred/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MrLib private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MrLib
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by mzc private
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/private/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by mzc
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MzLib private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MzLib
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for MzScheme
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by MzTake Debugger
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/mztake/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Net
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/net/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Parser-tools private-yacc
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Parser-tools private-lex
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Parser-tools
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/parser-tools/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by PLaneT
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/planet/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Plot library
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Preprocessor
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for ProfessorJ: parsers
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for ProfessorJ: parser
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by ProfessorJ: libs java lang
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for ProfessorJ: libs java io
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by ProfessorJ: libs java util
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/util/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by ProfessorJ
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/tester/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by ProfessorJ Wizard
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/profjWizard/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for readline
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Setup PLT
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for sgl
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for SLaTeX
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Slideshow
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/slideshow/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for SRFI 1
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for SRFI 19
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for srfi
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for SSL Driver
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Stepper private
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/stepper/private/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Stepper
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/stepper/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for String constants
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Swindle
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Syntax Color
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Syntax Utilities
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Test Box Recovery
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/test-box-recovery/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by DrScheme Test Suite
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/tests/drscheme/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Framework Test Suite
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/tests/framework/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Testing Utilities
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Test Suites
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for tex2page
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Texpict private
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Texpict
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by Version
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/version/
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for Web Server
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for WXME
setup-plt: No more .zos to compile for XML private
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by XML
setup-plt:   in /usr/lib/plt/collects/xml/
setup-plt: Installing MrEd launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/drscheme
setup-plt: Installing MrEd launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/plt-games
setup-plt: Installing MrEd launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/help-desk
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/mzc
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/planet
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/mzpp
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/mztext
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/setup-plt
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/slatex
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/pdf-slatex
setup-plt: Installing MrEd launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/slideshow
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/swindle
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/tex2page
setup-plt: Installing MrEd launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/plt-web-server
setup-plt: Installing MzScheme launcher /usr/lib/plt/bin/plt-web-server-text
setup-plt: Installing Help
setup-plt: Installing Draw Teachpack
setup-plt: Installing Geometry Teachpack
setup-plt: Installing Colors Teachpack
setup-plt: Installing Java Graphics Teachpack
setup-plt: Installing Imperative Draw Teachpack
setup-plt: Installing ProfessorJ
setup-plt: Post-Installing MrEd
setup-plt: Done setting up
setup-plt:
setup-plt: Error during Early Install for Plot library
(/usr/lib/plt/collects/plot)
setup-plt:   plot-preinstall: Could not find the source directory at
/usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src
[root at morpheus ~]#

On 9/3/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure what is going on, but it looks like something didn't get
> installed properly (perhaps due to the way the packaging of the rpm
> happened).
>
> Can you say what version of DrScheme you're running?
>
> Also, if you do "sudo setup-plt" where setup-plt is in the same
> directory as drscheme, do the errors go away?
>
> Thanks,
> Robby
>
> On 9/3/07, Klaus Engelmann <klausengelmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good Evening to Everybody !!!
> >
> > I am from Brazil and I need some help to understand a strange error
> > that has just appear on my DrScheme installed on a Fedora 7 LInux
> > (plt-scheme package, rpm).
> >
> > I used DrScheme on Fedora 6 and never saw something like this before
> > on others. Though the DrScheme seems to be working fine. The error
> > appears at the startup of the program.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > Error invoking tool #<path:/usr/lib/plt/collects/profj>;("tool.ss")
> >
> > delete-file: cannot delete file:
> > "/usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/compiled/NoSuchFieldException.jinfo"
> > (Permission denied; errno=13)
> >
> >  === context ===
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/compile-lang.ss:102:2:
> > compile-exceptions
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/private/tools.ss:164:8
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/private/tools.ss:65:2:
> > load/invoke-all-tools/collections
> >
> > Error invoking tool #<path:/usr/lib/plt/collects/profj>;("test-tool.ss")
> >
> > delete-file: cannot delete file:
> > "/usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/compiled/NoSuchFieldException.jinfo"
> > (Permission denied; errno=13)
> >
> >  === context ===
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/profj/libs/java/lang/compile-lang.ss:102:2:
> > compile-exceptions
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/private/tools.ss:164:8
> > /usr/lib/plt/collects/drscheme/private/tools.ss:65:2:
> > load/invoke-all-tools/collections
> >

> > --
> > Klaus Engelmann
> > CCNA - CSCO10971632