[plt-scheme] How to introduce a variable binding into a macro?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 3 08:45:47 EDT 2007

> There is not much mainstream reading available on macros, let alone
> hygienic macros.
>
> Here is my current list of folks to read about macros:
>
> Kohlbecker, Friedman, Felleisen, Duba
>
> Care to add to it?

Your complaint isn't even consistent, let alone accurate.

KFFD is not "mainstream" reading; it's a research paper.  If you want
to read research papers on macros, of which there are numerous, go
look at the extensive list at readscheme.org.  If you want a more
pedagogic presentation, see the extensive chapters in Dybvig's TSPL or
my PLAI (which even have very different presentation styles, so you're
more likely to find one that appeals to you).

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.