[plt-scheme] Resetting the mzscheme environment

From: Rohan Nicholls (rohan.nicholls at googlemail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 03:59:27 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Oct 23, Robby Findler wrote:
> > The tools are all there in the mzscheme/mred manuals. You need to
> > create a new custodian, namespace, thread, etc. There is nothing
> > baked-in to drscheme. You might try reading this paper:
> >
> >   http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/#icfp99-ffkf
>
> Related to that, you might find the sandbox library useful:
>
>   http://pre.plt-scheme.org/docs/html/mzlib/mzlib-Z-H-41.html

This is very interesting, thanks.  I have been reading the module
chapter in the reference, and will finish it this week (in extra
time).

> > On 10/23/07, Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > If I using mzscheme as a prompt how can I read in a module again?  If
> > > I try it, it does not work.  Resetting the mzscheme environment is
> > > perfectly fine, but I cannot figure out how to do this.
>
> If you use a mzscheme prompt (with the obvious disadvantages compared
> to using DrScheme), then have a look at this:

Okay, I admit it, I have an emacs habit. ;)
I do a lot of development in various languages (for work) in it, so
switching back and forth to scheme is much easier, and until it was
added I *REALLY* missed the lack of completion.  Of course I am having
to develop python without at the moment, and it is not as much fun.

I have been really impressed with the advances with the DrScheme
environment, and have been working with this more lately. The debugger
does kick much butt (not that I should need it if I was a good
developer ;) Yes, I saw that whole debate rage.).

>   http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2007-October/020886.html

This is great, thanks.  I need to start reading the mailing list more,
as I should not have missed this thread, it is discussing exactly what
I am looking for.

> (It also has an ,enter command which predates the new `enter!'.)

Is the enter! so new, that it is not in the docs yet?  Because I
cannot find it, not that it matters now.

Thanks to you both for all the pointers.

Rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.