[plt-scheme] drscheme/mred memory use

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 18:47:53 EDT 2007

Your issue is probably something else, but you might want to check this:

Keep a eye on how much text your program sends to std out.  I had been
writing debugging messages to standard out, and had no idea that I was
throwing hundreds and hundreds of megs of text to standard out, which
got "stored" in the scrollback of the "interactions window".

Doing this, I was able to get Drscheme memory consumption of over a
gig without realizing what was causing it :)

Corey

On 10/22/07, Robert Nikander <nikander at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that DrScheme likes RAM.  Right now 'top' says it is using
> 411 MB of private resident memory.  (Not sure what the difference is
> between RPRVT and RSIZE in top.)  Is this something about the
> DrScheme in particular, or is it something caused by the MrEd GUI
> toolkit?  I ask because I'm looking at ways to write GUI apps with
> PLT, so I'm wondering if using MrEd to build a fairly complex GUI
> leads inevitably to that level of memory usage.
>
> thanks,
> Rob

((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))