[plt-scheme] MzScheme on Nokia N800

From: Paul A. Steckler (steck at stecksoft.com)
Date: Sat Oct 20 14:38:30 EDT 2007

I should be receiving my Nokia N800 tablet computer today.

At maemo.org, there is a listing of language implementations
that have been ported to the N770/N800.  Among those are
Python and Guile, so maybe MzScheme is a good candidate for
porting.  The Python implementation has bindings for GTk,
so you can build GUIs; it'd be nice to use Mz in that way.

The N800 runs Linux 2.6.something, so maybe Mz will Just Work.
The processor is not x86, it's ARM.  Will that bother the
3m GC?

I *may* make porting Mz to the N800 a project for myself.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.