[plt-scheme] Re: scrolling inside an editor-snip?

From: harsha (harsha.v.r at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 7 13:58:52 EDT 2007

The new snip-admin% class instead of passing on the scroll request
must ask the new editor-snip% class to scroll down. So the new editor-
snip% class must have a scroll-to method similar to the scroll-to
method in editor-canvas%. Both editor-snip% and editor-canvas% are
displays for text%, but editor-snip% is missing the scroll-to method.

My question is how does one write this scroll-to method for the new
editor-snip% class? There seems to be no way of doing this using
mred's commands directly. The only way i can think of is to look at
the source of the editor-canvas%'s scroll-to method and writing a
similar method for editor-snip%. Is there some more direct way to copy
the scroll-to method of the editor canvas% class?

Note that i am not worried about the scrollbar part here. I am just
looking for some way to display the text starting from some specific
line.

Posted on the users mailing list.