[plt-scheme] Re: scrolling inside an editor-snip?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 5 11:08:59 EDT 2007

At Wed, 03 Oct 2007 22:09:54 -0000, harsha wrote:
> I tried scroll-to method, but it didn'work out, I am probably missing
> something basic about the interface. right now the scroll-to methods
> just return #f.

I don't think you're missing anything.

The `scroll-to' of the administrator specific to an editor snip just
propagates the scroll request to the editor snip's administrator; that
is, it requests scrolling at the level of the editor that contains the
editor snip.

As Robby says, you could implement nested scrolling yourself with a new
editor-snip%-like snip class and an associated new administrator ---
which treats scroll-to requests by scrolling locally, instead of
propagating the request up the administrator chain. That's a challenge,
mostly in having to learn the refresh and administrator protocol, but I
don't think it would be *too* difficult. As far as I know, no one has
tried it before.

(In retrospect, I'm a little surprised that we've never needed nested
scrolling before.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.