[plt-scheme] Incremental development with DrScheme or MzScheme

From: Austin King (shout at ozten.com)
Date: Wed Oct 3 19:59:33 EDT 2007

Thanks for your help.

I read
Chapter 5 Modules from PLT MzScheme Language Manual and
Chapter 55 unit.ss from PLT MzLib: LIbraries Manual

I am still not able to do interactive development, where changes in
one DrScheme window are picked up by a running MrEd window.

After reading about modules, I tried this:
; new window Language "Pretty Big (includes MrEd and Adv Student)"
; in module-lib.scm
(module module-lib
  mzscheme
  (define (foo)
    "bar")
  (provide foo))
; clicked run

; new window
; in module-test.scm
(module module-test  mzscheme
  (require "module-lib.scm")
  (define (test-foo)
    (display "Hello ")
    (display (foo))(newline)
    (sleep 1)
    (test-foo))

  (provide test-foo))

(require module-test)
(test-foo)

; click run
; The interaction window starts printing "Hello bar" over and over

  (define (foo)
    "bar")
;into
  (define (foo)
    "foo")
; click run
 switch back to module-test.scm window and look at interaction window...
 it is still printing "Hello bar"
 I expected it to change to "Hello foo"

Is this possible with DrScheme or MzScheme?

--
Thanks much,
Austin