[plt-scheme] How to write and read structs? Follow-up and fun with modules

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 1 10:29:48 EDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Phil Rand wrote:

>> ...provides your struct and everything from serialize.ss.  The help
>> desk can show you how to provide only what is needed from
>> serialize.ss, if that is what you want.
>
> Well, maybe if you're good at reading like a language-lawyer.  I find
> a lot of the help desk prose very precise, but none too friendly.
> More examples would help, along with some judicious use of bullet
> lists and such to show structure.  My eyes glaze over too quickly.  I
> wish I could use Safari or Firefox with the helpdesk, with larger
> fonts one keystroke away, too.  Yes, I know about the preference
> settings.  Sorry to whine.

Many of the manuals are available as PDFs; PDFs readers are getting
better for searching.

These might help, too:

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=012106255774943375678%3Afmsl95oxgkw

http://www.htus.org/Book/Staging/how-to-use-modules/

http://community.schemewiki.org/?The-Scheme-Cookbook

I don't stray far from the manuals, though.

rac

Posted on the users mailing list.