[plt-scheme] v3 Build failure: xmlrpc-unit-servlet.ss:7:2: module: cannot provide from a module without a matching `require'

From: Matthew Jadud (Matthew.Jadud at olin.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 27 10:02:54 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 12:15 AM, Eric Hanchrow <offby1 at blarg.net> wrote:
> setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for xmlrpc (/home/erich/.plt-scheme/planet/300/371.3/cache/schematics/xmlrpc.plt/3/0)
> setup-plt:   xmlrpc-unit-servlet.ss:7:2: module: cannot provide from a module without a matching `require' at: (lib "sig.ss" "web-server") in: (provide (all-from (lib "unitsig.ss")) (all-from (lib "sig.ss" "web-server")) add-handler handle-xmlrpc-requests)
> make[1]: *** [install-3m] Error 1

Hi Eric,

I really thought I cleaned that up.

By the way, to the PLT group: I've always wondered what the best way
is to keep a library up-to-date; more than once, things have changed
underneath code relying on the web server library, but the only way
I've ever found out is when a user writes to complain. How do others
do it? Should we supposed to be continuously testing our libraries
against the evolving HEAD of the tree?

(Really, I suspect the answer is "yes", and I just haven't been doing it.)

In this particular case, I thought I had correctly updated things to
work on 370+. But it's a question I've had for some time, regardless.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.