Move Planet Packages? (was: [plt-scheme] Modules, structs and environments)

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 21 12:03:00 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 9:33 AM, Joel J. Adamson <jadamson at partners.org> wrote:

> My next goal will be to use namespace.plt, however, this brings up a new
> question.
>
> Since I am using several PlaneT packages, and I can't necessarily depend
> on the user to go and get them, should I just move them and all their
> dependencies to my working directory (provided that their licensing
> allows it)?

PLaneT is designed to make distributing programs with embedded planet
requires easy --- as long as you use (require (planet ...)) to access
them in your program, then whenever anyone else runs your program,
mzscheme will automatically download and install the appropriate
packages first if necessary.

-jacob