[plt-scheme] Suggestion for (lib "date.ss"): add timezone to 'american

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 21 09:18:25 EST 2007

At Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:29:08 -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I'm sort of obsessed with time zones: I think every date or time that
> is displayed to a human, or read from a human, should include a time
> zone.  The string returned by "date->string" only contains a time zone
> if the parameter "date-display-format" is rfc2822, but I'd like at
> least the default format to include it as well.  So this patch adds
> the time zone to the 'american format; adding it to others would be
> easy.

I like the idea of adding a timezone like this:

  Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 7:11:25am MST

But using "-0700", as in your patch:

  Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 7:11:25am -0700

looks strange to me.

I guess I need to change something to provide the current timezone
abbreviation.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.