[plt-scheme] Planned changes for PLT Scheme 4.0

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Sat Nov 17 19:30:25 EST 2007

Hi,

A couple of days ago I have seen a note about the set-car! and set-cdr! free PLT-Scheme version.
As I remember it is planned for version 4.0.
I have a question about the planned version 4.0. I know it is a "sensitive" question and have
been answered, considered several times. Anyway, I fire it away:
Would you (PLT-Scheme developers) consider updating the GUI part of PLT-Scheme with a
newer wxWindows? Can we discuss it?
I can offer my help with it under Unix and Windows. I have no Mac OS, so I can't help
with that. ("Unfortunately" I am still interested in a modern GUI with Scheme as most of
my applications use it. Of course I also like a better, faster, cleaner language and implementation
but GUI is also important for me.)

Best regards,

Peter Ivanyi