[plt-scheme] from biginning schemer

From: Geoff Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Fri Nov 16 13:55:48 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 23:01, Владимир Кашин wrote:
> I am beginning schemer. I install DrScheme v.371. All right. I know
> lambda calculus, lazy and another. I have 2 simple questions:
> 1. how to use *.ss files from collections folder ?
> 2. how to use ODBC in my learn ?

( Добрый вечер и добро пожаловать, Владимир!  Здесь в Пеннсильвании
падает лёгкий снег. )

Here's a hacked-up excerpt from some of my recent code, adapted from
David Van Horn's Riverbot [1] code.

   (require (lib "string.ss") ;; for `eval-string'
            (lib "etc.ss")    ;; for `evcase' syntax
            ; (lib "date.ss")
            ; (all-except (lib "date.ss") date->string)
            (lib "match.ss")
            (lib "pretty.ss")
            (lib "list.ss" "srfi" "1")
            ; (lib "time.ss" "srfi" "19")
            (prefix srfi:19: (lib "19.ss" "srfi"))
            (all-except (lib "13.ss" "srfi") string-upcase string-
downcase string-titlecase)
            "db-connection.ss"
            (prefix mysql- (lib "mysqlclient.ss" "mysqlclient")))

I was hoping to give you a pointer to the right page in Help Desk
explaining all of the options for require, but the state of my
documentation is in flux since I'm using the experimental v3.99 and
the Refresh All Manuals link isn't working today. [2]

The syntax in DrScheme v4 will get simpler.  See Matthew Flatt's
post:  http://tinyurl.com/2kutmz
[ http://groups.google.com/group/plt-scheme/browse_thread/thread/51a5c484381edfe0#464e2e10ba3fcfa9
  ]

There are PostgreSQL and SQLite interfaces to DrScheme at PLaneT ( http://planet.plt-scheme.org/
  ).  I love PostgreSQL, but I needed MySQL because that's all one of
my ISPs had, which led me to DVH's code.  I don't know about ODBC
connectivity from Scheme.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk

[1] http://natalie.cems.uvm.edu:23235/about.html

[2] PLT gurus:  v3.99 Refresh All Manuals did this:

Error Evaluating Scheme Code

((dynamic-require (quote (lib "refresh-manuals.ss" "help")) (quote
refresh-manuals)))

compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed, because no #
%app syntax transformer is bound in: ((dynamic-require (quote (lib
"refresh-manuals.ss" "help")) (quote refresh-manuals)))