[plt-scheme] Garbage collection woes

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 15 08:03:20 EST 2007

At Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:04:09 -0500, "Henk Boom" wrote:
> On 09/11/2007, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried modifying gentoo's v371 ebuild to add that config flag, but I
> > get a compile error:
> >
> <snip>
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had time to follow up on this in the past
> week, but is this a known error in v371 or should I check my build
> environment and try it with a clean PLT source download?

It's an error in v371. I remember fixing the problem that you reported
at some point, and it must have been after v371.

I tried v371.3 from SVN, and the compact build work ok on my machine.
You might try that:

 http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/branches/v3

It's difficult to keep extra GCs working well, so the compact GC
sometimes doesn't work. But it doesn't completely rot away because I
sometimes find the extra GC useful for debugging.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.