[plt-scheme] Continuations

From: Will Farr (farr at mit.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 6 11:07:12 EST 2007

> On Nov 6, 2007 9:01 AM, Joel J. Adamson <jadamson at partners.org> wrote:
> > manipulate.  I understand the escape/abortive continuation way of
> > catching exceptions, but can people list other situations?

In the c.l.s. post
) I made about continuations (which I mentioned in my blog), I pointed
out another classic example: re-startable exceptions.  There, I have a
iterative numerical equation solver which has a maximum number of
iterations permitted.  When this max number of iterations is reached,
the solver throws an exception *which contains the continuation of the
iterative process*.  Then the higher-level code can decide whether to
re-start the solver (using that continuation), or just give up on the

Posted on the users mailing list.