[plt-scheme] Closures

From: Joel J. Adamson (jadamson at partners.org)
Date: Mon Nov 5 10:39:30 EST 2007

Howdy List,

Can someone give me an intuitive idea of closures, perhaps a clever
analogy or metaphor?

My question is really motivated by some confusing usage: I understand
what a closure is frome set perspective, but people speak of closures
as though they are something function-like, as in one can invoke a
closure.  Schemers speak of "using closures" fairly often.

Please direct me to a relevant FAQ ;)

Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.

Posted on the users mailing list.