[plt-scheme] almost automated cps transforms for web apps

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu May 24 10:23:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in this work.  These are good questions and
what you're trying is a promising approach.

> how would one go about automatically generating closures for K1 and K2
> given an arbitrary interactive function? i can picture some combination
> of lambda lifting and then naming or storing the closure in a hash
> table.  the paper references being able to do this. is there a simple
> method, or am i walking down the path of compilation techniques...

I'm afraid there is no "simple method" other than what is described in
that paper.  If, however, you want to try a different approach that
perhaps feels a bit less complicated, you could consider our other
approach to doing this, which does not use CPS at all:

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Papers/Published/pcmkf-cont-from-gen-stack-insp/

Perhaps you will find this slightly less heavy going?

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.