[plt-scheme] Re: On C#

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at mac.com)
Date: Tue May 22 15:18:36 EDT 2007

Understandable.

I've actually become quite enamored of Python over the past year. It's
imperative and object-oriented enough that I'm comfortable programming
in it, given the necessary warping my mind has been through after
completing most of the standard undergrad CS curriculum at a U.S. school
and being forced to teach the AP Computer Science curriculum for five
years.

On the other hand, functions really are first-class objects in the
language and can be passed around to that portion of my heart that is
functional's content. They even have (a somewhat crippled) lambda.

On those days when I tire of trying to teach 150 15-18 year-olds how to
program without a lot of logistical support, I fantasize about
developing the (optional) type system the Python community seems to have
abandoned. Anybody want to take me on as a Ph.D. advisee? :-)

Todd

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 19:53 +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> 2 - Python is unknown to everybody in the group, including me, and I
> tried to dismiss Python because I'm really trying to force PLT Scheme.
> :-) (sorry for the bias)

Posted on the users mailing list.