[plt-scheme] Database Connectivity Role Call

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 18 16:28:35 EDT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Grant Rettke wrote:

>> FFI based oracle and db2 drivers could be made, however the FFI
>> has no way to asynchronously call functions and mzscheme has no
>> OS threads. So SQL queries via C will very often block scheme.
>
> Is it then fair to say that all of the asynchronous Scheme SQL
> connectivity libraries are written in Scheme?

Likely. The good ones, anyway.*

On that note, consider using spgsql if you are connecting to a
PostgreSQL database.

   (require (planet "spgsql.ss" ("schematics" "spgsql.plt" 1 2)))

Ryan

* I believe someone implemented a database "library" by opening up one
of the interactive database programs as a subprocess, sending it
commands, and parsing the results. I don't think it's on planet,
though.