[plt-scheme] Is SchemeQL still being developed?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Tue May 15 14:28:46 EDT 2007

Danny Yoo skrev:
> I was curious about the status of SchemeQL; has anyone thought of
> porting SchemeQL to work on top of sqlid?  Or has there been work on
> factoring out the SQL-constructing part of SchemeQL from being tied to
> SrPersist?
> It's embarrasingly difficult for me to build SQL strings without the
> guaranteed well-formedness of s-expressions.  I started playing with
> sqlid-helper.plt, which is supposed to offer a similar domain-specific
> language for SQL queries, but I've run into a few limitations with that
> package which have soured me a bit.
> I guess I'm just curious in general what the status of SchemeQL is, if
> people are using it.  Thanks!

I'd be interested in hearing the answer too.

PLaneT offers other SQL-in-Scheme libraries, but none so well
thought out and implemented as SchemeQL.

David J. Neu has something for SELECT-statements:

David Fisher has an interesting approach, that avoids SQL altogether:

I tried to make a direct, one-to-one conversion of S-expression to
SQL-statements in:

It is not complete, but supports SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE, and
REPLACE and SQL-expressions. As much as possible is checked at compile
time. There are examples in (but, alas, no documentation) in:

"An Introduction to Web Development with PLT Scheme"

But check the source sql-generate.scm to see the exact grammar.

The only reason I bothered to write it, was because I couldn't get
SchemeQL to Work.

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.