[plt-scheme] Project Euler

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sat May 5 17:45:49 EDT 2007

> [... snip]

>> After all, programs are mathematical constructs (which happen to
>> execute) built by people. The building of programs requires some
>> mathematical understanding even if the writer does not realize it.
>> Perhaps, it is time to think of mathematics as programming. Now,
>> that would be a cool paradigm shift!
> We have worked on this shift for 12 years. See "rebels with a
> cause" for example.
> My first NSF proposal on TS!/PLT was "replacing mathematics with
> programming." You can imagine where that got me then

What is "Rebels with a Cause?"  My Google searches are hammered with
a Hacktivism book.

How literal is the phrase "replacing mathematics with programming?"

Regarding students who are afraid of mathematics...  What is the
reason that they study computer science?

"We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
   --   Thomas Edison