[plt-scheme] custom language level

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 1 18:51:58 EDT 2007

Hi all -

This is probably a RTFM question, but I can't track down the doc/links, so
please help ;)

How do I "install" a custom language level in my own environment?  By that I
mean, how do I get mzscheme to recognize my module in the language position?

I currently have my own modules living outside of the c:\PLT\collects
directory in its own (c:\data\svn\scheme\lib) and PLT can require the module
via PLTCOLLECTS environment variable, so the following works:

(module foo mzscheme
  (require (lib "util.scm" "util")) ; my own module...

but I cannot then use the module in the language position (per my
understanding that's how one can create a new language...) - so the
following don't work:

(module foo (lib "util.scm" "util")

So are there specific steps that I need to do to make it work?  e.g.
dropping the file into \collects\lang?  If that's the solution, then a
related question would be how one should organize source code so one don't
have to pollute the \plt\collects directory so it works well in the face of
an upgrade.