[plt-scheme] Scrollbar/Panel Graphical Toolbox

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 22 20:40:32 EDT 2007

At Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:36:06 -0400, "Carl Eastlund" wrote:
> From what I understand, these
> limitations arise because DrScheme is multiplatform and can only
> provide GUI features that would work equally well in the toolkits used
> on all platforms.

That's essentially right. Even when the underlying GUI toolbox on each
platform supports a particular kind of widget, it's a matter of fitting
it consistently into MrEd's layer.

Long long ago, panels did have scrollbars in MrEd, but they didn't work
well on all platforms, and so I disabled them. Restoring panel
scrolling is high on the list of improvements I'd like to make.

At Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:06:27 -0400, Rainer Gross wrote:
> FIRST
> I would like to include in a form a scrollbar widget to control  some
> data shown by the form with this scrollbar. But I was looking for a
> scrollbar widget in the documentation with out any luck.
>
> Is there a way to display a scrollbar? For now I am using a slider
> control which provides more or less the action I require but it's
> quite wired from a users point of view.

I'm curious about this one. Adding a scrollbar widgets is relatively
easy, but I had not previously seen a use for it other than an abuse as
a slider. Can you tell me more about your GUI?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.