[plt-scheme] Easy module switching?

From: Henk Boom (lunarc.lists at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 15:51:11 EDT 2007

On 28/06/07, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:
> Hi Henk,
>
> This is a problem that units can address.  The idea is to provide several
> implementations for a signature.  We then then conditionally link things
> depending on some runtime expression.

I see, so if I understand correctly, units will do what I want if I
use them as a replacement for modules, as everything that uses the
conditional modules will have to be a unit also. Is there continuous
runtime overhead with this approach, or only startup overhead? From
this example it seems that I was wrong in thinking that units were an
expansion-time phenomena.

This does seem like overkill for something which only needs to be a
compilation-time feature. =(

Thanks,
    Henk Boom

Posted on the users mailing list.