[plt-scheme] DrScheme Window Width

From: Jaime Vargas (jev at mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 22:24:31 EDT 2007

Wouldn't be better to decouple the split the toolbar in top and bottom
ones? That way you can still have the controls in the top part while
hiding the problematic bottom part.

Another idea would be to make the long name use ellipsis when the
window get shrunk. This is the way OSX interface handles long names.

Jaime

On Jun 6, 2007, at 4:32 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> I've tried to make it as narrow as I can, but the stuff at the bottom
> of the window takes up space (there is empty space where things will
> appear as you edit, too) One of the things that takes up space is the
> language choice option in the bottom right and it varies in size,
> which is why you see the difference when you change the language.
>
> One thing you can do is to hide the toolbar (under the view menu).
> That'll let you make it smaller.
>
> Robby
>
> On 6/6/07, Paulo J. Matos <pocm at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was trying to do a screencast of DrScheme and since my PC is quite
>> slow I was trying to capture only a small portion of my desktop and
>> was trying to fit DrScheme window into it. I just found that there
>> are
>> some restrictions to window width, and that in the Pretty Big
>> Language
>> the window width has to be bigger than in the Module Language. From
>> what I could see, I can't have a width less than  908 in Pretty Big
>> and a window width less than 731 in Module. Is there a reason for
>> this? Is there any way I can make it smaller?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
>> http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm