[plt-scheme] keyword arguments, take 2

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 14 09:35:58 EDT 2007

I like the proposal for a lot of reasons.  One thing discussed around
the office here at NU that it doesn't address is keywords with
more/less than one argument.  For instance, keywords can conceptually
be used alone (i.e. as flags, as in (open "/dev/random" #:read-only)),
or have multiple arguments (Ryan's example was (connect #:tcp
"localhost" 80) -- connect takes a keyword specifying a protocol, and
the keyword takes however many arguments the protocol needs).  I don't
have an immediate counterproposal for how to include these, but I
think they can be useful features, especially the zero-argument "flag"
use.

On 6/14/07, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> As promised, here's another attempt to explain a proposed change for
> keywords. It's too long --- maybe it suffers from the e-mail equivalent
> of second-system syndrome --- but I'm sending it anyway.
>
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.