[plt-scheme] create complex object @ compile time but made available @ run time?

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 13 15:10:00 EDT 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 2:19 PM, YC wrote:

> [...]
> I tried another approach - i.e. returning the transformation-bound
> struct functions to run-time, and it works.  However, generalizing the
> solution seems unwieldy, so until this is addressed at language level,
> the disclaimer above is valid ;)  Below is a sketch of the idea:

It will work at the repl, yes. But if you put the code in a module and
try to compile the file, the compiler will reject it. So that technique
isn't suitable for use in a PLaneT package, for example. Search the
archives for "3-D syntax" for more information.

You do get points for creativity, though :)

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.