[plt-scheme] trouble installing plt v370 on ubuntu

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jun 11 11:55:59 EDT 2007

On Jun  9, Day wrote:
> I have downloaded the plt-370-bin-i386-linux-ubuntu-feisty.sh and run
> it in the terminal where i meet the prompts below:
> [...]
> Do you want a Unix-style distribution?
> [...]
> Enter yes/no (default: no) > no
> [...]
> however, after i install it under /usr/plt and run drschme in
> usr/plt/ bin, it told me that "can not find mred" but mred is in
> /usr/plt/bin, it is there. What's the problem. And when i double
> click mred, nothing happened. What's wrong?

I don't know.  I just tried the above and it works as expected.  What
happened when you ran /usr/plt/bin/mred directly?

> Ok, i retried to install it this time i answered yes in the prompt.
> [...]
> Do you want a Unix-style distribution?
> [...]
> Enter yes/no (default: no) > yes
> [...]
>   1 - /usr/... [default]
> [...]
> > 1
> [...]
> Unpacking into "/usr/plt-tmp-install"... done.
> plt-370-bin-i386-linux-ubuntu-feisty.sh: 488: plt-tmp-install/bin/
> mzscheme: not found
> Error: installation failed
>   (Removing installation files in /usr/plt-tmp-install)

I'm not sure what could have gone bad.  Perhaps some permission
problem?  Maybe problems with FS mounts?

> However, an error comes out which asked me to remove installation
> files in /usr/plt-tmp-install. But I can't find the file it talks
> about. No such file exists. Any idea.

No, that message ("Removing installation files...") says that the
script did the cleanup work for you.